Plan Your Getaway Today!
We hope to answer questions below
We know there are a lot of options out there for lodging around Glacier National Park and we are happy you chose us to help make sure you have a great vacation! We will be happy to help you plan your hikes, find the wildlife or take the best shots in Glacier!
Please review your booking details to ensure we have your correct arrival and departure dates, cabin and contact details. Our Policies are in place to help answer some questions you may have about Summit Mountain Lodge.
WHEN YOU BOOK
- When you book online your credit card can automatically be charged 24 hours after the reservation has been made – depending on the date of stay. If this is a concern, please send an email and let us know at [email protected].
- We ask that people are honest when they book a cabin and provide the actual number of guests that will be staying in the cabins. We do have a maximum number of guests per cabin. If we find there are more cabin guests than stated, we will charge accordingly. Please be honest.
- Children over the age of 1 are considered a guest in a cabin
- We do not allow pets in our cabins or on the property during your stay, guests could incur a minimum of $150 for violation of this policy.
CANCELATIONS AND RESERVATION CHANGES
- A $50 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations on all double cabins (Grinnell, Huckleberry, Rising Wolf, Running Rabbit, Sinopah, single cabin (Lone Walker)and there is a $100 cancellation policy on our family cabins (Grizzly,Montana and Three Bears).
- There is a $15.00 charge when we need to change a reservation.
- Refunds will be given within 5-7 business days if warranted.
- No refund is given for cancellations received after 3 pm, 20 days prior to the reservation date. We don’t try to penalize anyone if their plans change but we must adhere to our policies to ensure that we don’t overbook and so others may stay with us if your plans change on short notice.
- A no-show the date that you were scheduled to arrive will be considered a cancellation of your entire stay.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Check-in time is after 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm, Please let us know if you will be arriving late and we will try to accommodate your plans check out time is 11:00 am. Occasionally, on Mondays we will leave a note on restaurant door with check in instructions if we have to leave property during this time.
- We do offer a free continental breakfast in the lodge for our valued guests and hope you can sit back, breathe the fresh air and reflect on life while relaxing on our deck. Please note, towards the end of our season (roughly September 20th) we stop serving continental breakfast so please plan accordingly.
- We do shut our gate out front off of Highway 2 to deter all of the traffic later in the season. Typically the 2nd or 3rd week of September, the gate is only shut it is never locked. Please shut behind when entering or leaving.
- We are a leader for eco-friendly lodging and change linens in bathrooms every 3 days unless requested and bed linens every 5 days unless requested.
- Our restaurant will open June 12th and hours are from 5 pm-9:00 pm and typically will close the 3rd weekend of September, weather dependent.
- Early season and late season cabin guests do not receive a continental breakfast, plan accordingly. (May10th-June10th) also after September 14th
- When you arrive to the property, we do require a credit card to hold as a security deposit. Barring any damage/ and or extraordinary cleaning. The credit card will only be charged if necessary for extra cleaning or damages.
- We do not allow smoking in the cabins, the restaurant or on the deck of the cabins. The only smoking area is at the fire pit in front of the property. Guests will incur a minimum of $200 fee if smoking anywhere besides the smoking area and if the cigarette butts are found in or around the cabins. We are very STRICT with this policy due to the risk of fires!
- We are proud to be a eco-friendly leader and take an active role in recycling, reducing electricity use and water consumption for the benefit of all of our valued guests. This includes laundry and linen services during your stay.
We must adhere to our policies even in cases of last-minute trip cancellations on your part due to personal injury or an emergency. We recommend you purchase a travel insurance plan that will cover such instances. We suggest Travel Guard, AAA, your personal insurance carrier.
We are unable to deviate from policies due to weather, illnesses or medical issues, flight delays, road closures, forest fires or natural disasters. We strongly recommend that you obtain travel insurance to help protect you from unscheduled events as outlined above.
Booking with Summit Mountain Lodge requires you to agree and abide by the policies before booking. You will be asked to check a box at booking stating you understand our policies.
By booking with Summit Mountain Lodge and checking the box during booking that you agree with our policies and that this is an authorization of your credit card when you book and will be considered your signature when you book online. Thank you again for staying with us!
Ted & Mara Chase